Monday, July 7, 2008

I Scream Ice-Cream!


When the real hot summer hits here in Minneapolis, I want ice-cream. I need it. I eat it. It cools. Ah! I only carry regret when the summer shorts that were becoming so loose, become oh so snug. To make it worse, I have to eat the ice-cream alone. My husband, a long time ice-cream eater gave it up! Yes, he went cold turkey and continues to lose weight. Good for him - and good for me. Less exposure to one source of my belt tightening troubles.
My alternatives to date are homemade mango sorbet and frozen chocolate covered bananas. I made the sorbet last night and I will wait until later tonight to taste it. Thankfully, we were able to properly test the bananas last night, our hottest night yet. Mmm. Perfectly satisfying ... and in my mind, much better for me than ice-cream.
I've found a delicious looking dark chocolate sorbet recipe on C & Z that I am going to have to try and I still have plans to eat ice-cream alone or with friends - as needed.

1 comment:

@MuseKaren said...

Wow - we are on the same wavelength my friend! I just bought bananas the other day to do just this!

Blog Archive