Friday, March 20, 2009
I'm heading home this morning on a cold wet road that wraps around the lake and ends up at my favorite bakery. The vast frozen white lake is gripping. I imagine the energy it takes to freeze these vast waters. Her surrounding black velvet trees are softly outlined against the very gray spring sky; the branches, tender and cosmically arranged. I notice that I am filled with high emotions on so many topics.
Everything touches my heart and arrives as a peaceful knowing. I feel my connection to God, the earth and to all my loved ones. At this moment, and for moments after, I know the things that happen to me are not by chance. So many rich feelings are caravan-ing to me at once that they bump and collide into this current wave ... for which we humans use the word "grateful" to describe.
1. I am so grateful that it is Spring! (the first day)
2. I am so grateful that I am home today, sipping coffee at my computer with no obligations.
3. I am so grateful that E and I get to go on a real Spring Break trip! Wow! I never thought we'd be the "Spring Break" family ... maybe I too can now write a Christmas letter (kidding).
4. I am grateful for my want of little but my appreciation and adoration of so much, from food to clothing, jewelry and furniture, art and people.
5. I am grateful for my cute little house, full of things and people that I love.
6. I am grateful for a happy child who is perfect the way he is.
7. I am grateful for the "supporters" in my life. Those people who knowingly and unknowingly give me inspiration along the way.
8. I am grateful for the changes I have made in my ways of eating and the new energy I have found in that experience.
9. I am grateful for the constant stream of blessings that come to me.
10. I am grateful for me!!!
11. P.S. While writing this I had to stop and take a call about a new job -- no kidding. Completely unexpected - but "not by chance".
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Ever craved sugar? A big piece of chocolate cake, a cold glass of lemonade or a big bowl of mocha ice-cream? One glass of Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water will erase any of these fantasies quickly. I stumbled across this elixir when a friend handed me a partial bottle to use as a mixer. I'm not sure that I would substitute a Bragg's & water for a fruit juice spritzer on a hot summer day, but it's certainly more than palatable .. and the benefits are outstanding. The whole thing sort of just happened ... it came to me ... I wasn't looking for a sugar cure ... well, maybe I had hoped, but I didn't expect to find it in a bottle of vinegar.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Pizza Nea is completely fresh and features only limited ingredients. No American toppings like hamburger, fajita chicken or canned mushrooms are found here. The salads are as good as the pizza and need I say ..??... forget about anything like ranch dressing.**The artwork on the walls is worth the visit alone.**
Sunday, March 8, 2009
My diagnosis -- madly in love with guacamole this weekend. Must have. Goes great with taxes or in place of dinner.
1 organic ripe avocado
1/2 large juicy organic lemon squeezed
over the avocado
1 healthy sprinkle of cumin
1 large minced organic garlic clove
1 shake of salt (ocean salt pref)
Scoop out the tender avocado into a glass bowl. Squeeze lemon, splat. Sprinkle cumin & shake shake shake it -- the salt, that is. Add your pressed garlic*. Squeeze, 2, 3, 4. Take your pastry blender and hand mash and rock it to your desired consistency. I like mine a little chunky. Serve with crispy veggies or your choice of tortilla chips. (!!CHIPS!!)
Serves 2 reasonable portions or one big one. * I highly recommend owning a garlic press.
Friday, March 6, 2009
I took this posting on as a challenge from Laura over at Muselan because she **always** has good ideas that help me! (Yep, always) The answers may be spontaneous tonight, as I write them, but have certainly evolved over the last week.
1. I love my natural color hair color, but it's been fun to experiment with some highlights!
2. I love my very good taste and FUN in all things that require a composition of; words, colors, belongings, ingredients, textures, words and images working together or diplomacy.
3. I love that I am normally operating on my own wavelength.
4. I love that I appreciate small accomplishments.
5. I love that I enjoy being outside, esp on farms!
6. I love that I will own my own calf (bovine) some day.
7. I love that I am totally opinionated in my own good damn way.
8. I love new friends!
9. I love that I love wheat and chocolate and love loving to use these ingredients when I deem that there is no sense wasting a craving on something that is not absolutely the best.
10. I love that I eat bad food at times, but can forgive myself and move on.
11. OMGosh ... I love that I cannot stop writing what I love, but I'm going to stop...!!!
12. I love that I can make others laugh by just being me or saying what is there.
13. I love that I can be the philosopher Queen at any moment and with great intensity!
Stop me please!!!
P.S. I love talking about myself!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
- February (5)
- January (3)
- December (2)
- March (2)
- February (4)
- October (1)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (6)
- January (4)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (15)
- July (6)
- June (6)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (9)
- February (6)
- January (4)
- December (9)
- November (10)
- October (15)
- September (11)
- August (9)
- July (25)
- June (18)
- May (15)
- April (1)