My friend Karen at Inspirasana made me realize that there is a lot of peace in making a list. Writing down what you know, even though you might not have done it feels empowering right now. Love this idea. I'm going to do it for Christmas too.
1. Thanksgiving grocery list - Written/Shopper Identified
2. Organic pumpkin puree - Made
3. 4 pie crusts waiting to be baked Weds night - Done
4. Turkey pick-up at the farm - Planned
5. House to clean - Make a List of Specifics
6. Thaw duck
7. Purchase fresh coffee beans at Caribou? Dunn Bros?
8. Make apple & pumpkin pies Weds night
9. Send Birthday stuff
10. Call guests with an arrival time!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
The energy of the ages greeted me after about 10 minutes at The Louvre and the Masterpiece exhibits at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. I was there with the artists who created these works; who studied at Versailles and lived in Paris.
Being. Connecting. Not reading it all. Not trying to remember it. Not worrying if I missed something. The objects' stories penetrated into the now and there was no reason for me to be linear about the experience.
Highlights for me, a long time passion for Jan Vermeer's work was met face-to-face, a George de la Tour painting, unsigned limestone carvings of Christ's head, pencil drawings from an Italian who worked at the Musee Louvre -- and dare I say the extremely well done gift shop that's set up at the exit. Ah, I forgot to mention Ingres! Yes, Ingres too.
Thinking back on yesterday is almost as exciting as being there. I want to go back. When? It was a thrill to have our 6-year old son along. While he might have rather been catching frogs, he too shared in the excitement of being there. He got it.
The Musee Louvre itself has a story of its own, worth learning. Palace to museum - students to artists - curators and visitors.
I saw the Musee Lourve from a distance one time. Why I didn't cross the street to go in .... ? Was I out of money? Was I afraid? No interest? I don't remember. Perhaps I simply wasn't ready to take it on. Yes, that's it. I was not ready ... and I'm no longer waiting in line.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
1. Drawing with E & J in the a.m. (they draw, I blog and drink coffee)
2. Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Louvre Exhibits (I'm going today!)
3. Lucia's stone house in Breton (check out the photos)
4. Frank Gehry's teapot
5. Living the Dream Farm (the story behind the farm)
6. Coffee. The flavor, not the buzz.
7. Making a necklace. Turning the idea in my head.
8. Dr. Oz video clip on belly fat and sugar.
9. My friend Karen who is a writer!! (YAY!!)
10.Turnip Rock CSA, my extended season share!
- February (5)
- January (3)
- December (2)
- March (2)
- February (4)
- October (1)
- June (1)
- May (2)
- April (6)
- January (4)
- December (4)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (15)
- July (6)
- June (6)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (9)
- February (6)
- January (4)
- December (9)
- November (10)
- October (15)
- September (11)
- August (9)
- July (25)
- June (18)
- May (15)
- April (1)