Friday, July 11, 2008

What I Didn't Buy

































































For the moment, I'm turning away from the bucolic pauses of this blog and turning my creative lens to something new - retail. My neighbors may have wondered what I was doing with salads, buttons and other such things on a white board in my front yard, and I suppose the staff of Target was talking on their 2-way radios too. What is that woman with the camera and kid doing? 
 
Just as Target has planned, they bring visual delight into my life by way of stuff that I didn't know I wanted. I am just trying to go grocery shopping after all, and suddenly I'm meandering down the housewares aisle with a cart of melting Breyers ice-cream and warm Tropicana juice. 

Today, the Smith and Hawken outdoor thermometer among many items charmed me. I carted it about for a bit but later stashed it back on the shelf. The week before, I ogled brightly colored linen throw pillows for quite a while. In the cart. Out of the cart. In the cart. Out of the cart.

Target merchandises to women and hey, don't they really do a spectacular job? I have been "putting it back" for a long time, but it's never easy. By the way, I have no regrets about what I didn't buy, but I am still thinking about the thermometer and pillows. I hope they go on sale. (see more of what I didn't buy)

No comments:

Blog Archive