Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wearable Weisman

I've been pretty open about my love affair with the Weisman Art Museum, University of MN. My dreams are not only about curating the exhibits and living in the building, but also about what I should buy at the gift shop! It's like trying to pick the best chocolate from a box of many. A couple of weeks ago, I spotted this in the case. What?!?! Apparently this mini-Weisman brooch and earrings had been made for the Weisman's grand opening some 15 years ago. How is it that no one scooped this up along the way? I suppose, being in art storage will do that. Upon visiting the artist's website, I was immediately drawn to Chrysanthemum and some of her other work. Ms. Kinghorn looks to be as incredible as the Weisman's beautiful views of Minneapolis. 

No comments:

Blog Archive