Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Green Taste Buds for Me














I love writing about or looking at anything green. My first CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box from Riverbend Farm in Minnesota certainly qualifies as green any way you slice it. Today I felt like I had opened a long awaited gift! And what a gift to have the option and choice to eat locally. Tonight dinner was a quick fix and it involved two of the lettuces topped with thin slices of radish and an easy no-recipe oil and vinegar dressing 

I am trying to grow veggies on my own, and believe me, my heads of lettuce are no where near the size of these! I cannot imagine the planning, care and work it took to get these beauties in the ground and to the co-op where I'll continue to pick up my prized CSA box for several more weeks. All I can say is "wow". Talk about appreciating what you eat and eating the best. 

Check out my friend Inspirasana's blog for what I consider to be an award-winning photo of the heirloom speckled bibb lettuce (above).

No comments:

Blog Archive